Fast and Accurate Collision Detection
D-Collide is a real-time collision detection library aimed at
performance and accuracy, that supports rigid objects as well as deformables - such
as cloth - including self-collision detection.
We're proud to announce the first official release of the D-Collide library.
Work in Progress
D-Collide is being developed within the scope of a project group (PG 510) at LS VII, Department of Computer Science at the University of Dortmund.
We're planning to provide the following core functionality (partly done):
- interactive, real-time capable collisions
- provision of detailled information about where exactly a
collision takes place and which objects are involved
- easy integrateability with physics engines such as ODE
- supply of documentation and example
- support of a variety of primitives such as boxes, spheres and
- support for deformable objects
- high performance and multi-threading features,
optionally utilizing the GPU for some calculations
- licensing as open source under a